Why install a SIRIUS CAPACITOR MODULE
Instead of chemical batteries?
Sirius Energy Storage
The world's first supercapacitor-based energy storage system.
Kilowatt’s Sirius Energy Storage is now available as a safe, efficient and effective alternative to chemical batteries.
Sirius Energy Storage products for stationary applications are currently available from Solartech West Coast. This modular and scalable system provides a technically and commercially viable, plug-and-play replacement for chemical batteries. Applications include:
- CELL TOWER
- SOLAR and STORAGE
- GENSET and STORAGE
- SOLAR STREET LIGHTS
- WIFI POLES
- SECURITY CAMERA POLES
Sirius Energy Storage is poised to become the storage of choice for cell tower operators around the world. Its unique attributes include:
- Compatible with an existing rectifier or DC electronics infrastructure
- Wide operating temperature range minimizes (and even eliminates) auxiliary cooling (or heating) infrastructure (and therefore cost)
- High cycle life + high efficiency + low auxiliary opex = lowest cost of ownership and shortest payback
- At off-grid locations, rapid charge capability reduces generator runtime (lower maintenance costs) and increases generator efficiency (lowers diesel consumption)
- Plug-and-play replacement for Lead Acid or Li-Ion batteries
- Sirius Practically Charges as Fast as your Inverter or Charger Allows – Eliminates the Need For Large Battery Banks.
- The Sirius Super Capacitor Module can theoretically be charged in less than 32 seconds without affecting cycle life.
- Various models are available with different charge and discharge ratings, ranging from 1C to 135C.
- The popular model in the Solar PV and Home use market is the 1.35C Model, which means the unit can be fully Charged or Discharge 1.35 times in an hour.
- This is faster than any normal application in the Solar PV and home use market will require.
- You can charge and discharge the 1.35C model in 44 minutes, which makes this well suited even for sites where you energy storage is recharged by the generator or the grid from time to time.
Increases Energy Density and Operating Voltage
Sirius’ proprietary algorithm-based balancing, charging and control circuit actively balances and stabilizes the system, delivers deep cycle and long duration discharge and specific energy of 80 Wh/kg. Therefore, in addition to standard fast charge/discharge usage, the Sirius storage system can be deployed at industry voltage, in applications requiring deep cycle discharge including electric vehicles.
Number of Batteries & Ultra Low Impedance
- With a Depth-of-Discharge (DOD) of 100% and round-trip efficiency of 99.1%, the Sirius battery’s delivered and rated capacity are almost the same, allowing for a significant reduction in the number of batteries required when compared to systems utilizing chemical batteries, thereby lowering capital investment.
In other words, you can use the full rated kW capacity without ever damaging the unit.
- Due to the very low Impedance of the SIRIUS, up to 10 units can be placed in parallel before ripple current needs to be considered.
Lower Cost of Ownership
The cycle life of the Sirius storage system is 1 million cycles at 100% DOD with negligible capacity fade and impact of charge/discharge rates. Combined with very low maintenance requirements, Sirius delivers power and energy at an unmatched cost per cycle.
Enables Usage in Most Environments
The SIRIUS can operate between -30 degrees Celsius and +85 degrees Celsius.
With a temperature tolerance range that is higher than most chemical batteries, the SIRIUS can be deployed in extremely harsh environments without cooling or heating, resulting in less oversight and maintenance.
The foremost reasons why chemical batteries do not reach there stated usage cycles are the depth of discharge and temperature.
SIRIUS will never disappoint you on either of these aspects. You can discharge to 0% and you can operate at Extreme temperature.
A Patented, charge retention circuit, controls energy flows and slows down the typical capacitor discharge to a level where self-discharge is no longer of practical concern.
The SIRIUS Super Capacitor Energy Storage Module only self-discharge 5% after 25 days!